Title: BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in ICT
(equivalent to one A Level)
Entry Requirements:Standard entry requirements. Prior study of ICT is not essential.
Course Length: 2 Years
The Extended Certificate is aimed at students who really enjoy IT and have a vocational or career interest in the subject. Most students who study for the course anticipate a future working in IT or studying an IT related subject at university.
What will I study
This 2 year course consists of 4 units:
- Unit 1: Information in Technology Systems
- Unit 2: Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Unit 3: Using Social Media in Business
- Unit 6: Website Development
How will I be assessed?
- Unit 1: Written exam
- Unit 2: Set task in exam conditions
- Unit 3: Internally assessed assignment
- Unit 6: Internally assessed assignment
Where can BTEC ICT lead?
There are many different careers in IT including web designer, systems analyst, computer games developer, user experience developer, graphic designer, social media marketing and many more!
What Students Say:
"The staff go out of their way to help you at all times - they really push you to achieve your very best!"